A nurse practitioner is an advanced practice registered nurse and provides care throughout an individual’s life. They provide medical care to patients under the supervision of a primary doctor and supervisor.
They provide general and preventative care, conduct check-ups, treat illnesses, order lab tests and prescribe medication for children and adults. A nurse practitioner is an advanced practice nurse that helps with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations.
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: $67.87 to $95.51 hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment Part time leading to full time
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-09-01
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Nurse Practitioner responsibilities include:
- Providing health promotion, prevention, and treatments to patients
- Diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, infections, and injuries
- Prescribing medications when needed to ensure patient health and well-being
We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join our team who will provide holistic and quality care to our patients.
A Nurse Practitioner’s responsibilities include helping with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments, and consultations. They know there is no single solution when it comes to patient care. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and with all aspects of patient care, please share your past related experience along with your application.
- Prescribe medication, examine patients, diagnose illnesses and provide treatment
- Order, interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests
- Gather health histories, perform physical examinations and diagnostic procedures
- Develop and implement treatment plans
- Dictate and document all patient interactions
- Notify managing physician about unusual or unexpected events or problems
- Effectively communicate with diverse populations, including physicians, employees, patients, and families
Requirements and skills
- Must hold current license/registration to practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information
- Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Master’s degree
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
- Piece work
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Maternity and parental benefits
- Pension plan
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site amenities
- Team building opportunities
- Wellness program
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Leave a Reply