Child Caregivers take care of children in the absence of their parents or family members and are responsible for overseeing emotional and social development, teaching social manners, preparing meals and feeding children, helping with personal hygiene, supervising play activities, and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
A successful Child Caregiver resume should emphasize child care experience, a good level of physical fitness, a warm personality, and observation spirit.
A high school diploma and basic early childhood training are commonly seen on Child Caregiver example resumes.
- Location: Langley, BC
- Salary: $15.20HOUR hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other Benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a compassionate, patient child caregiver to join our daycare and help us to provide a safe “home-away-from-home” for our children. The responsibilities of the child-caregiver include creating an enriching learning environment and looking after the basic needs of the children under their care.
To be a successful Child Caregiver, you should be patient, enthusiastic, and fun-loving. Ultimately, a top-notch child caregiver loves working with children and is passionate about child development and care.
Child Caregiver Responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, and supervising structured, educational group activities.
- Preparing, organizing, and supervising mealtimes and snacks with nutritional food selections.
- Planning and supervising balanced routines that include physical activities, rest, and playtime.
- Providing responsible care and maintaining all safety standards.
- Ensuring a safe, sanitary, and orderly environment.
- Maintaining professional and positive relationships with parents, children, and staff.
- Notifying supervisors and parents of any signs of emotional or developmental issues.
- Providing structure and accountability that is firm but compassionate.
- Assisting children in the bathroom or with diapering tasks as needed.
- Encouraging children to participate in all activities.
Child Caregiver Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor’s degree in early childcare or early childhood development is advantageous.
- Up-to-date first aid and CPR certifications.
- Ability to pass background checks and drug tests.
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience in a professional childcare environment.
- Strong working knowledge of childhood development.
- Physical fitness and the ability to perform tasks such as sitting on the floor, bending, and lifting children.
- Creativity and a willingness to sing, dance, and be silly and fun-loving with children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, and patience.
- Exceptional listening skills, compassion, and the ability to remain calm at all times.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
- Specific Skills
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
- Supervise and care for children
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Help children with homework
- Children’s Ages
- School age (6 – 12 years)
- Infant (3 months – 11 months)
- Kindergarten age (4 – 5 years)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Students
How to apply