We are seeking reliable Childcare Workers with lots of energy and patience. The Childcare Worker will mainly be responsible for preparing meals and feeding children, bathing and ensuring overall hygiene, assisting with stimulating and age-appropriate games and tasks, accompanying younger children to social events, and helping older children with their homework.
Child Care Worker Baby Steps
The Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre Inc. – EGADZ requires Child Care Workers interested in casual shifts providing a safe supportive environment with the Baby Steps Program for children while offering mother’s support, structure, and guidance in their attempt to regain custody of their child(ren) in care.
EGADZ is an inter-agency, non-profit organization whose purpose is to provide services for hard to serve youth in Saskatoon with the mission to encourage and support them to make choices that improve their quality of life.
To be successful as a Childcare Worker, you need to have a love for children, understand the principles of child development, be physically fit and able to care for their basic needs, and be informed about what to do in an emergency situation.
- Ensure that children are safe and that their everyday needs are met – this may include diapering, dressing, grooming, and feeding.
- Engage in positive interaction with children to build confidence and self-esteem.
- Ensure children are kept active, entertained, and engaged in developmental activities.
- Effectively discipline children who are misbehaving.
- Plan and oversee daily schedules.
- Model and encourage good social skills, e.g. strong communication and conflict-resolution skills.
- Monitor and report developmental or safety concerns.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A qualification in childcare, child development, or childhood education may be required.
- Knowledge of the stages of childhood development.
- Good communication skills to report on child’s individual needs/performance/development to superiors or parents.
- Physical energy to run around after children all day.
- First aid training is strongly preferred.
- Driver’s license.
- Clean criminal record/background check.
- Good references.
Saskatoon Downtown Youth Centre EGADZ Inc.